I’ve lived in Birmingham for a good long while now. I get out, go places and see things. However, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut and miss out on things especially the more obvious stuff.
This isn’t a list of what I suspect might be the coolest or bestest stuff around town. There’s no particular rhyme or reason to them. They’re just some things I think I probably should’ve done by now.
- Eat at Cafe Soya
- Go to the Barton Arms
- Visit Merry Hill shopping centre
- Explore the Botanical Gardens
- Have a proper wander round BM&AG
- Mooch around the Barber Institute
- Go to the Imax (probably to see something dinosaur-y)
- Bear witness to the Symphony Hall’s mighty organ
- Watch some cricket at Edgbaston
- Check out the back-to-backs
- Visit Aston Hall when it re-opens
I’ll add more as they occur but that’s a start.
Btw, I’m not 30 til next year and I don’t have any massive anxieties about it.