SXSW was good but some of the panels weren’t – too many sessions were the result of concerted ballot stuffing by well-connected and determined groups of people (especially that one about the LA tech community).
However, this year I’m aware of various friends and acquaintances who have panels shortlisted in the Panel Picker – SXSW would undoubtedly be improved by their presence so I’ve voted for them. These are they:
- Making Life Playable through Data: Social Games and Playing Outside
- Pervasive Games and Playful Experiences: Rendering the Real World
- Seeing Round Corners: Artists as Innovators in the Corporate World
- Community Building: Organization Without Organization
- #kebab Presents… Whose Panel Is It Anyway?
- New Ways of Collecting: Digital Archives and Contemporary Historie
And in case you were wondering this isn’t matey ballot-stuffing. Nothing at all like that.