A few days back I had the idea of pointing my webcam towards my decks while playing some tunes and found myself doing an impromptu 30 min set via Bambuser. A few kind people watched live and asked me to archive the next one I did, so that’s what I’ve done.
It was about 11pm when I started this, so it’s a set of mostly downtempo funk, soul and hip hop. The audio was recorded by my webcam’s mic but even so I don’t reckon it sounds that bad, although you’ll have to forgive the odd bit of ambient sound.
Hope you enjoy it – I don’t claim to be a great DJ or anything but you can’t go far wrong with songs as good as these.
- Trailer for Willie Dynomite (excerpt)
- Curtis Mayfield – Freddie’s Dead
- Jo Armstead – There’s Not Too May More
- Isley Brothers – Work To Do
- Aretha Franklin – One Step Away
- Brand Nubian – Meaning Of The 5%
- Pete Rock & CL Smooth – They Reminisce Over You (TROY)
- Skull Snaps – It’s A New Day
- Tommy Guerrero – Come Together
- Minnie Riperton – Every Time He Comes Around
- Outkast – Aquemini
- Two Banks Of Four – Unclaimed
If you want notifying when I start the next one (whenever that might be) then you can follow me on Twitter.